Work via Nedflex

Would you like to work via Nedflex? Great! We can explain to you what is involved in working and living in the Netherlands, either temporarily or as a permanent resident.

Working in the Netherlands

It is important that you arrange a number of things before you come to the Netherlands to work here. For example, have you signed a contract? Do you know how much you are going to earn and how many hours you are required to work? Where are you going to live? How do you register with the municipality where you are going to live? We are available to help you on your way. Start by watching the ABU video below on working in the Netherlands.

Bloemen sorteren

Working via Nedflex

Before you start working in the Netherlands via Nedflex, you need to make sure that all necessary arrangements have been made. Temporary employment agencies must meet a number of conditions.

Nedflex is registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce. We are in possession ofare certified for the a SNA label (why this is important is explained here). And Nedflex is a member of the industry organiszations ABU and NBBU. These organisations verify whether the agency honours the agreements in your contract.

Job opportunities at Nedflex

We are happy to assist you in finding a job in the Netherlands. We always have job opportunities in the agricultural sector. The easiest way to proceed is to register with us as a job seeker, or contact our recruiter Kim directly. She will be happy to tell you what vacancies we have at the moment. Have you found a job? Then it is time to arrange a number of things.

Nedflex Zeg Het Maar

Registration in the Netherlands

One of the first things you have to arrange if you plan to (temporarily) work and live in the Netherlands is your registration with the Dutch authorities. In order to be able to work and live here, you need a Social SecurityBSN, a Burger Service Nummer (Social Insurance Number). This is your own unique personal identification number in the Netherlands.

You can register as a resident or non-resident of the Netherlands. This depends on how long you intend to stay in the Netherlands.

I want to work and live in the Netherlands for less than 4 months

If you intend to work and live in the Netherlands for a period shorter than 4 months, you can register as a non-resident. The authorities in the Netherlands will give you a social security insurance number. This is a unique number for everyone who (temporarily) lives or works in the Netherlands. All you need for registration is a valid ID (passport or EU ID).

You can register in the Netherlands at 19 government service desks locationsdesks. These service desks are located in the following municipalities: Alkmaar, Almelo, Amsterdam, Breda, the Hague, Doetinchem, Eindhoven, Groningen, Goes, Heerlen, Leeuwarden, Leiden, Nijmegen, Rotterdam, Terneuzen, Utrecht, Venlo, Westland and Zwolle. Make an appointment with one of these service desks as soon as possible after you arrive in the Netherlands.

I would like to work and live in the Netherlands for more than 4 months

If you want to work and live in the Netherlands for more than 4 months, you need to register with the municipality where you are going to live. To do so, go to the town hall of your city of residence. You will then be registered as a resident of the Netherlands. Your registration must be arranged within 5 days after you arrive in the Netherlands or when it becomes clear that you will continue to live and work in the Netherlands for more than 4 months.

To be able to register with the municipality, you will need a passport or EU ID. You may also need additional documents, such as a birth certificate. Check this with the municipality where you are going to live.

I have worked in the Netherlands before; do I have to register again?  

If you have worked and lived in the Netherlands before, you already have a social security insurance number. So, you do not need to register again. If you forgot your social security insurance number, you can ask one of the 19 government service desks to retrieve it for you (for a fee).


We will send you the contract in your own language, for your convenience. We try to keep this contract as simple and understandable as possible, but there may sometimes be things that you do not fully understand. Of course you can always contact us and we will explain everything to you.


For your work in the Netherlands, we will pay you at least the statutory minimum wage. The exact level of your salary depends on your agreement with Nedflex. In order to receive your wages, you need a bank account number in your own name. This is mandatory to enable verification that at least the minimum wage is transferred to your account. You may also choose to have your pay deposited transferred into your bank account in your home country, but please note that it will take longer before you receive your money.

What’s on a payslip?

Health insurance

If you have a contract with an employer in the Netherlands, you are obliged required to take out health insurance. If you start working via Nedflex, we offer you health insurance via HollandZorg. You will be asked to sign documents for this purpose. We will withhold the premium for the healthcare insurance premium from your salary, so you do not need to worry about thispayment. The actual premium can be found here.

Leave of absence

Of course you are also entitled to different forms of leave. Please refer to this website to read about how this is arranged in the Netherlands and what you are entitled to.

What do I need to do if a fall ill while I am in the Netherlands?

It may happen that you fall ill while you are working in the Netherlands. This would be very unfortunate, of course. The video below clearly explains the best away to actctions to take if this happens.

A good home is important and involves a lot of arrangements. Read about the options, your rights and obligations and what you need to arrange.


If you come to work in the Netherlands, you also need housinga place to stay. Nedflex does not itself provide housing. With In some casessome job opportunities, the client (where you will be working) will take care of housingaccommodation. If so, this is indicated in the details of the job opportunity. This figure shows in briefsummarises what you need to do if you come to live (temporarily) in the Netherlands.



Due to corona virus, a number of additional measures apply in the Netherlands, as in many other countries. On this website, you can watch the Dutch press conferences in English/Polish.

In addition to the national measures, ABU has drawn up a Corona Safety Protocol for Migrant Workers.

Returning to your home country

The time will come when you will return to your home country. This may be at the end of your contract, when the work is completed, if you terminate your contract, or if you are dismissed. What do you do when this happens?

Your rights depend on the type of temporary contract you have signed. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about this.

Do you have questions, complaints or comments?

You can contact us directly from the English page using the chat feature, or via On the Polish page, you can use via the chat feature or the email address